Application Deadline: April 14, 2023
Supporting projects at the intersection of arts and social service – where gifts, talents, and creativity meet human need.
Intersections like Arts &… Culture & Heritage; the Economy; the Environment; Family Success; Health & Wellness, Infrastructure, Innovation, Social Justice; and more.
Learn More about Our 2023 Grantees
|Casita Cultura Latina||Somos Latinidad: Intersectional Identities Expressed through Art and Dialogue||$15,000.00|
|College of the Holy Cross||Mary Day Reenactment||$9,000.00|
|Community Music School of Springfield||Contribution in Honor of Vanessa Ford||$500.00|
|Guardians of Tradition||Where there's roots, there's power!||$15,000.00|
|Innovation Learning Center||Creative Minds - A Creative CARE Project||$15,000.00|
|Learning First Foundation, Inc||Youth Mural Project||$15,000.00|
|Legendary Legacies, Inc.||Legendary Podcast Program||$15,000.00|
|Living In Freedom Together (LIFT), Inc.||Clothing & Accessories: Not For Sale||$15,000.00|
|Massachusetts Symphony Orchestra, Inc.||Jazz Brasileiro in the Park: An Evening Celebrating Brazilian Culture and Music||$15,000.00|
|Music Mania Television (fs Worcester Roots Project)||Show Me The Funny: Stand-up Comedy Workshops for Seniors||$15,000.00|
|No Evil Project, Inc.||Celebrating Culture and Resilience of Native and Indigenous People||$15,000.00|
|Open Sky Community Services||Furniture Adaptive Recovery Teaching (ART)||$15,000.00|
|Rainbow Child Development Center||Poetry - The Window of the Soul & Art - The Reflection of Emotions||$10,775.00|
|The Shine Initiative||Mindmatters Mobile Mural||$7,500.00|
|Worcester Arts Council of City of Worcester||2024 WAC Fellowships||$10,000.00|
|Worcester Center for Crafts (WCC)||Glass Mosaic Making||$15,000.00|
|Worcester Cultural Coalition||Create 508||$15,000.00|
|Worcester Public Library Foundation||"You Belong Here!" Large-Scale Public Art and Lighting Project||$15,000.00|
|WriteBoston||Creative Expressions Workshop at ALTAS Summer Program||$14,000.00|
Interested in learning more? Watch this video orientation featuring a presentation by Vanessa Ford on why and how her organization got involved in intersectional work, followed by details about the grant program.
The Creative Intersections Grant Program supports new ideas, or innovations to existing projects, that leverage the arts as a tool and catalyst to respond to human need in a way that is authentic, inclusive and equitable. The spirit of this fund is to support projects that combine non-arts sector programming with the arts, and create pathways for collaboration and innovation.
Multidisciplinary, intersectional projects service any underserved population will be considered. Intersectional projects must incorporate an arts sector and a social sector combination. For example:
- Collaboration between individual artist/creative(s) and non-arts nonprofit organization(s)
- Collaboration between arts-centered nonprofit organization(s) and non-arts nonprofit organization
Applications must be submitted by 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or a nonprofit in a documented fiscal sponsorship relationship with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Scope and Limitations
- Grant funding up to $15,000
- Projects should be new ideas, or innovations to existing projects
- The planning for and implementation of the work must begin after the grant award date, and conclude within 18 months
- Project must take place in, and benefit residents of, Worcester County
- Strategic alignment of the project with these guidelines
- Demonstrable commitment to equitable practices in project design
- Scale and uniqueness of potential project impact
What We Will Not Fund
- Capital projects/campaigns
- Event and corporate sponsorship packages
- Government organizations or municipalities
- House of Worship, or programs/organizations that proselytize
Ready to Apply?
Be sure to check out our tips for applicants here
Consider reaching out to a member of our program team to discuss your proposal idea before applying.
Contact Jonathan Cohen
Vice President of Community Impact