Application Deadline: January 20, 2023
Eligibility, Scope & Limitations
- Must be an educator working in a Killingly Public School
- Grant sizes are up to $400 for an individual project and $800 for a collaborative project
- No limit on the number of applications an individual educator or school can submit
- Educators need to receive approval from administrator for project before submitting an application
- Funds must be spent by the end of the next school year (18 month time frame)
- The fund is not able to support grants to individuals, scholarship funds or capital expenses
Areas of Interest
The FOLK fund seeks to support Killingly educators as they innovate and enhance curriculum for their students. All proposed projects must have a direct student benefit and priority is given to those with a focus on student participation. Specific areas of interest include;
- Materials for curriculum enhancement such as equipment, lesson plans, or supplies
- Experiential opportunities such as field trips, performers or lecturers
- Associated costs of piloting a new project or program
- Support for a school club or start up for a new one
- Projects focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math
- All applications are available online and need to be submitted via our online system
- If you are a first time applicant, email Sarah Shugrue to obtain an account in the system
- If you have an account and need help with your credentials, reach out
- Complete all aspects of the application including the narrative and budget form. Proposal Budget Form.
- If you received a FOLK grant in the prior year, you are required to complete and upload a grant report form. Grant Report Form.
Check out FOLKtales (PDF, 2MB) for updates on projects carried out by past FOLK Fund awardees!