Application Deadline: April 14, 2023
Learn More About Our 2023 Grantees
|Deja New Leicester||Deja New Rides||$600.00|
|Leicester Police Department||K-9 Program||$5,000.00|
|Senior Citizen Club of Leicester||Operating support||$3,000.00|
|Leicester High School Football Parents Association||Turf repairs||$1,000.00|
|Leicester Council On Aging||Outreach Program||$2,000.00|
|Leicester Public Library Friends||Summer Reading||$5,000.00|
|Common Ground Land Trust||Invasive Plant and Tree Management||$500.00|
|Leicester Historical Society||May House Preservation||$772.00|
|Friends of Swan Tavern||Capital Improvement Plan 2023||$2,000.00|
|New England Handballers Association Inc||Youth Handball Development||$4,000.00|
|Camp Putnam, Inc.||Camp Scholarships for Leicester Residents||$500.00|
|Leicester Food Pantry||Operating Support||$2,250.00|
|Leicester Harvest Fair Committee||2023 Fair||$2,500.00|
|Town of Leicester||Fire Department Equipment||$2,500.00|
|Hearts for Heat, Inc.||Operating Support||$928.00|
|Leicester Special Olympics School Day Games||Leicester Special Olympics School Day Games||$2,500.00|
|Leicester Lions Club||Town Sign Replacement||$2,000.00|
Leicester Savings Bank Fund
The Leicester Savings Bank Fund (LSB) was created through the sale of the bank with the intention of creating a permanent resource to fund organizations and initiatives that improve the strength and vibrancy of the Leicester community.
2023 marks the 25th anniversary of the fund! The committee plans to host a celebration for grantees and the community in May. Stay Tuned.
Eligibility, Scope & Limitations
- Priority is given to 501(c)(3) nonprofits or fiscally sponsored organizations based in and serving Leicester residents
- Organizations located outside of Leicester, but serving residents in a meaningful way are also encouraged to apply
- Grants cannot be awarded to individuals or businesses
- Operating costs, project expenses and/or capital expenses are all eligible
- Grant amounts requests for any amount will be considered but average grant size is under $3,000. Larger projects that demonstrate they can secure other outside or matching funds will be considered.
Areas of Interest
Applicants must demonstrate how they will utilize grant funding in one or more of the following areas;
- Enhance the vibrancy in the community through community events, recreation and the arts
- Deliver meaningful and needed services in community development, human services and education
- Provide critical resources for the most vulnerable residents
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.
Ready to Apply?
Be sure to check out our tips for applicants here
Consider reaching out to a member of our program team to discuss your proposal idea before applying.