Application Deadline: April 14, 2023 Guidelines Update by: March 1, 2023
The Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) Fund to End Hunger was established in 2011 as a resource to support nonprofit organizations partner to achieve a shared vision of hunger-free communities.
Eligibility, Scope & Limitations
- Typical grant size is $3,000. The fund will accept proposals up to $10,000
- Members of the Hunger-Free Network of the Worcester County Food Bank are strongly encouraged to apply. Any 501(c)(3) based in and serving Worcester County is eligible to apply
- Food & personal care/household items will be considered on a limited basis and should be restricted to medical or culturally specific diets or for educational purposes like a cooking class.
- The fund is not designed to be a long term general operations funder.
Areas of Interest
The Fund to End Hunger is interested in supporting a mix of organizations providing direct service and advocacy for federal nutrition programs. Specific focus areas include:
- Access to Healthy Food
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) and Healthy Incentives Program (HIP) advocacy and awareness
- Child & family nutrition programs such as school, after-school and summer meals and the Women, Infant and Child Nutrition Program (WIC).
- Senior nutrition programs like Meals on Wheels
- Community food and nutrition resources like Farmer’s Markets and community gardens
- Equipment/Capacity Building
- Equipment and materials needed for food handling or storage. A quote for any single item over $250 is required to be included with your application
- Items and materials needed to increase capacity or increase operational efficiency
- Economic Self Sufficiency
- Initiatives that create jobs or prepare individuals for jobs
- Skill development programs like nutrition based cooking, budgeting etc…
Food & personal care/household items will be considered on a limited basis and should be restricted to medical or culturally specific diets or for educational purposes like a cooking class.
- Applications are available online
- Please review required forms, budgets and required quotes and be sure to include them in your completed application
- Staff are happy to discuss your application idea and answer any questions prior to the deadline