What is your passion? At the Greater Worcester Community Foundation, our expert staff is committed to understanding your charitable giving interests and connecting you to effective organizations as well as fellow donors who share your goals. While anyone can be a philanthropist, no two people have the same values and giving goals - even within the same family. That's why our philanthropic services are personalized and responsive to your unique vision for giving. From donor advised funds to estate, deferred and life income gifts, we offer you numerous creative and rewarding ways to make a difference in your community.
Getting Started is Simple
With a $10,000 gift, you can create your own charitable fund with the Greater Worcester Community Foundation. Establish your fund in your name or the name of your family—or let its name honor a cherished person, group or cause. All grants from your fund will carry its name, now and in the future.
"The Foundation makes it easy for people of ordinary means like me to create a lasting legacy." - Sarah B. Lange
Why Give Through the Foundation
Greater Worcester Community Foundation is the leading philanthropic organization serving the region. Deep professional expertise, an unparalleled network of community partnerships and a record of effective, high-impact grant making have made the Foundation a key resource for those who seek to make a difference in the world.
Our donors—individuals, families and organizations—as well as their financial advisors enjoy many benefits in working with us. Among them:
- Maximum tax benefit for their gifts
- Access to the Foundation's expertise in community philanthropy
- A network of community partners
- A record of high-impact grant-making
- Personalized service
We get to know you and help you match your passions with local needs and worthy programs. Take a look at GWCF's giving options.
With Us You Can Expect
- Experience and Integrity: With professional and volunteer leadership of the highest caliber as well as a long and distinguished track record of community partnerships, the Foundation is a trusted civic and philanthropic leader.
- Tax Advantages: As a 501(c)(3) public charitable corporation [PDF], we offer maximum deductibility for income, gift and estate tax purposes. EIN: 04-2572276
- Impact: We know our community’s challenges and work closely with the nonprofits striving to improve lives and conditions in our region. With our local expertise, we can match your passions with worthy programs that need and merit your support.
- Ease: With our expert staff just a phone call away, comprehensive donor services and flexible options for giving, we make it easy for you to create the fund that fulfills your charitable and financial goals and we do all the reporting and administration.
- Efficiency: Our citizen-run model keeps costs and fees low so more of your money goes to your cherished cause rather than administrative overhead.
- Permanence: Your fund becomes part of our professionally managed endowment, where over time it grows and gains grant making power. As your partner, we fulfill your charitable intentions in perpetuity.
- Accountability: A Board of Directors comprising leading citizens from diverse sectors of our community governs the Foundation. Serving without compensation and for limited terms, they oversee our direction and policies. An annual independent audit confirms our fiscal integrity.
"We made our home on Brigham Hill and became involved in lots of activities. The Rankin Platt Memorial Fund honors and continues all that Phil and I worked hard for in our community." - Marsha R. Platt
Contact Kelly Stimson
Vice President for Donor Services & Relations
508-755-0980 ext 112
Contact Jacob Vazquez