Applications for the 2024 Spring Cycle will open March 1, 2024.
The Leicester Savings Bank Fund (LSB) was created in 1998 with the intention of creating a permanent resource to financially support organizations, initiatives and projects that improve the strength and vibrancy of the Leicester community.
Information Session (Register>)
Wednesday March 13, 2024 from 9:00-9:45 AM
March 1, 2024
April 19, 2024
May 23, 2024
June 3, 2024
Areas of Support
The Leicester Savings Bank Fund supports the following areas in Leicester, MA:
- Community Vibrancy: such as community events, recreation opportunities, and artistic performances and classes.
- Critical Community Services: such as human services, community development and education.
- Support for Our Most Vulnerable Community Members: such as senior citizens and supporting basic needs.
For more details about areas of support, please view the grant guidelines.
- 501(c)(3) organizations or fiscally sponsored programs
- Preference given to organizations based in and doing their work in Leicester
- Organizations located outside of Leicester are eligible, but must be serving Leicester residents in a meaningful and tangible way
- The proposed work is set to begin at a date after payment is made. (Reimbursement grants are not eligible)
- Operating costs, project expenses and/or capital expenses
Scope & Requirements
- Average grant size is $3,000
- Requests of any amount will be considered, but larger projects should demonstrate they can secure additional funding
- Grant should be expended within 18 months of disbursement
- In lieu of a formal report, grantees will engage in a follow up conversation with staff at the conclusion of the work
Projects will be assessed in the following areas:
- Commitment to Leicester
- Impact on residents
- Feasibility of the project
What we are not able to support
- Reimbursements/ Support for work already done
How We Can Help
- Applicants are encouraged to reach out to GWCF Program staff before submitting an application to discuss project details.
- GWCF staff are happy to offer coaching on your application
- All applications receive a thorough and fair review and will be notified of your decision.
- You are encouraged to set up a feedback conversation with staff to learn more about your application review.