The Foundation today announced the awardees of its Fairlawn Foundation Fund. The fund is focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community, such as closing gaps in service and increasing the supply of qualified and culturally competent mental health professionals and paraprofessionals. Those organizations receiving funds this year are:
- Arms With Ethics for support of its Worcester Veteran Engagement Program, a pilot project aimed at partnering with local veterans groups to create peer engagement around safe gun storage during a mental health crisis.
- Children's Friend, Inc. for support of its Gender Wellness Initiative, providing a range of mental health resources and communal supports to address the needs of LGBTQI children and teens.
- Hope Coalition for support of Worcester ACTs (Addresses Childhood Trauma), a partnership to provide early childhood trauma response for families with young children who are exposed to violence.
- The Bridge of Central Massachusetts for creation of a collaborative pipeline to expand the available workforce of mental health staff.
- The CASA Project for support of the CASA/FSCM/DCF Collaboration, aimed at addressing systemic issues and barriers to mental health for children in foster care.
- Youth Opportunities Upheld (YOU), Inc. to increase the availability of clinical mental health services to youth and families through the use of telepsychiatry.