<p dir="ltr" style="color: #222222; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;"> </p>
The Foundation today announced the awarding of $60,158 through the Worcester County Food Bank Fund to End Hunger that will help serve the food security needs of Central Massachusetts. The Fund seeks to provide innovative and sustainable solutions to the problem of hunger through advocacy and programs that incorporate practices that have shown promise throughout the country or here in Worcester County.
The following organizations received grants from the Worcester County Food Bank Fund to End Hunger:
- AIDS Project Worcester, Inc.
- Ascentria Community Services, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Worcester
- Community Harvest Project
- Dismas House
- El Buen Samaritano Food Program
- Gardner CAC
- Ginny's Helping Hand, Inc.
- Growing Places Garden Project
- GVNA Healthcare, Inc.
- Jeremiah's Inn
- Pernet Family Health Service, Inc.
- Rachel's Table
- Rainbow Child Development Center
- Regional Environmental Council, Inc.
- Spanish American Center, Inc.
- Stone Soup Artists and Activists Collective and Community Center
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester/Loaves and Fishes
- United Way of Tri-County
- Valley Residents for Improvement
- YWCA of Central MA
The Fund to End Hunger was established in 2011 to support hunger-relief organizations that provide direct service as well as anti-hunger advocacy organizations.