The Foundation today announced the awardees of its Jeppson Memorial Fund for Brookfield. The Fund, established in 1977, provides grants for civic and community projects that help enhance the lives of Brookfield residents and enrich the cultural community. Those organizations receiving funds this year are:
- A.P.P.L.E. Seed, Inc. for support of publication costs for The Brookfield Citizen and for support of an environmental project that will involve the planting of several new trees.
- Audio Journal Inc. for support of its Radio Reading program in Brookfield.
- Council on Aging, Brookfield for support of Gravestone Girls, an educational program on the history of gravestones.
- Second Chance Animal Shelter for support of Homebound to the Rescue, a mobile clinic for low income pet owning residents of Brookfield.
- Tantasqua Education Foundation for support of innovative education programs through mini grants for teachers in Brookfield Public Schools.