After an endowment gift of $1 million made by Country Bank for Savings over 24 years ago, the Fund honors Leicester Savings Bank for its decades of leadership and supports the town and its residents.
An Advisory Committee of former trustees of Leicester Savings Bank was appointed to determine how grants will be awarded. The Fund supports projects that improve the quality of life and build a stronger community in Leicester, and provides financial support for projects which help to make life better for Leicester residents of every age.
“The very existence of this fund is a tremendous gift to the Leicester community - the funds came from the community, the granting decisions are made by members of the community, and the funds benefit local residents,” said Jonathan Cohen, Vice President for Programs & Strategy at Greater Worcester Community Foundation. “It is such a wonderful example of place-based philanthropy.”
The 2022 grants total $35,850 and grantees are as follows:
- Common Ground Land Trust Greenville Pond Access Improvements
- Hearts for Heat Community Heating Fund
- Leicester Christmas Light Display Display Event Support
- Leicester Council on Aging Support for Outreach Coordinator
- Leicester Harvest Fair Committee Fair Event Support
- Leicester Historical Society Continued Renovations to Swan Tavern
- Second Choice Animal Shelter Homebound to the Rescue - Leicester
- Senior Citizen Club of Leicester Programming Fund
- Town of Leicester Burncoat Park Safety Improvements
- United Way of Central MA Dollar $cholar Program at Leicester Middle School