Foundation today announced the awardees of its Leicester Savings Bank Fund. Over the past twenty-one years, the fund has been supporting the town and its residents in a myriad of ways, from town staples like the Harvest Fair and Summer Concert Series to responsive programs that are helping residents with immediate and basic needs. This year, the fund is even kickstarting new projects that are creating and preserving community spaces.
This year, grants total over $43,000. The 2019 grantees are:
- Audio Journal Inc. for the Leicester Connection radio programming which provides news and stories to visually impaired residents.
- Harvest Fair Committee for support of the town's annual Harvest Fair.
- Hearts for Heat, Leicester Chapter for heating assistance support for Leicester residents.
- Leicester Council on Aging for outreach staff who provide critical resources and programming for elderly residents.
- Leicester Historical Society for the renovation of Swan Tavern into a community space for residents and visitors to learn about the history of Leicester.
- Leicester Middle School Council for the CommuniTeen program which offers students an opportunity to engage in service projects benefitting their community.
- Leicester Police Department (2 awards) for D.A.R.E. program implementation and for the purchase of three AED's.
- Leicester Summer Concert Series Committee for support of the town's annual summer concert series.
- Massachusetts Audubon Society for science programming in the Leicester Public Schools.
- Second Chance Animal Shelter to host a Homebound to the Rescue pet healthcare clinic in Leicester which offers free veterinary services.
- Senior Citizen Club of Leicester for an annual program that brings entertainment and informational speakers to its members.
- Town of Leicester - Burncoat Park Sports Planning Committee for the continued revitalization of this park into a multi-use community space.