The grants will support summer programs for children and youth that:
- Help eliminate summer learning loss among low-income children in greater Worcester;
- Support parents and families in their roles as teachers, caregivers and supporters of their children's development;
- Effectively support high school graduation and foster the completion of college or other post-secondary education;
- Work closely with school systems and other youth-serving organizations;
- Provide employment opportunities and access to networks of support for older youth;
- Teach conflict resolution, teamwork, persistence, and other 21st century skills;
- Deliberately and effectively engage high-risk youth.
The Foundation awards community grants to support nonprofit organizations that build healthy and vibrant communities in Central Massachusetts. The typical grant range is $5,000 to $25,000. Applications must be received by February 26, 2016. For more information, contact Chris O'Keeffe, at email@example.com or 508-755-0980.