The Foundation announced today the awarding of $8,595 from the Jeppson Memorial Fund that will help improve the lives of Brookfield residents through civic and community projects. The nonprofit organizations receiving support will implement projects and programs over the next year that strengthen the Brookfield community.
The following organizations receiving grants from the Jeppson Memorial Fund are:
- A.P.P.L.E. Seed, Inc. to support the printing costs for the Brookfield Citizen.
- A.P.P.L.E. Seed, Inc. to purchase trees for the George Washington Memorial Highway project.
- Brookfield Unitarian Universalist Church to purchase and install ramps and lifts for the Handicapped Accessibility Project.
- Council on Aging, Brookfield to support a “Hats off for Seniors” concert for Senior Citizens
- Merrick Public Library for the Pre-school Music Program to conduct weekly musical story hour at Merrick Library for young children.
The Jeppson Memorial Fund is a philanthropic endowment established in 1977 and dedicated to enriching the cultural environment and lives of Brookfield through civic and community projects.